• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd train at Neville Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi,

I was traveling between Hull and Leeds today and we passed Neville Hill which I always find quite interesting. The first thing of note that I saw was a carrige that was still carying Regional Railways as its livery! However, more interesting (at least to me) was the sight of a Grand Central power car sitting by itself and a couple of GC carriges sat in a siding next to. Anybody know why they were there? Especially considering that GC don't even run to Leeds! (Well as far as I know, which admitedly isn't very far at all :oops: )

Ains

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNERman

Established Member
hi

gc have 2 power cars there at the moment, 080 and 123 for tyre turning and repairs to their engines...

Established Member
I've been told that the Regional Railways carriage is either used as storage for tools or can be used in the event of a derailment as a support carriage.

mallard

Established Member
I've been told that the Regional Railways carriage is either used as storage for tools or can be used in the event of a derailment as a support carriage.

Also, while I'm not sure if there are any at Neville Hill (even though I went past there on Tuesday), there are still plenty of "EMU Translator Vehicle"s around in RR livery and I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two in NSE too...

Status
Not open for further replies.