• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ode to the Paxman-Valenta

Status
Not open for further replies.
1610012569517.png
This is a song I came up with during what would turn out to be my second-last ride behind an HST, on the London to Nottingham route that is, quite fittingly, almost exactly 125 miles long. I sang this out the droplight pulling into Nottingham where I missed my connection because it was 2 minutes to get from [7] to [1] with no information on the platform (that's surely just poor railwaymanship!). Also I was behind an ex-EC HST which on further research turned out to have had an MTU (German engine) refitted. I guess that's what happens when you're mostly an electrics basher on the occasional foray into the world of diesel!

On a side point, Leeds to Wakefield Westgate past City FC (which I got in on my last HST ride) is quite easily the most fun stretch I have yet droplighted. It ranks up there with the best roller-coasters.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.