• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Offered first class seat reservation on standard ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Ames

On a journey from Wigan North Western to Uttoxeter, VT's site is giving me "Coach H, Seat 01" reservation on a standard class ticket for the 06:11 service on 19 August. Although I've never used this service, I regularly see it depart from platform 4 whilst I wait for my 06:25 service on platform 5, and can therefore confirm it is a Pendo and not a double Voyager (even it if were, that seat on a Voyager is an aisle seat, and I selected a window seat preference).

When I cancelled and re-tried, it gave me "Coach G, Seat 42" - again, that's first class on a Pendo. Fortunately, the ticket is of the "Anytime" variety, so I can opt out of the reservation, but I am curious as to why it's doing this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Realtime Trains shows the 0611 (0535 ex-Lancaster) as a Voyager, coupling to another one ex-Holyhead at Crewe before the combined train continues to Euston.

Status
Not open for further replies.