• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oil Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

37 418

Hi guys,

I'm interested in oil/petroleum traffic on the Highland Main Line in the late 80s/early 90s (sectorisation) period.

Can anyone advise what wagon types and liveries were seen on the HML at this time? I'm guessing BP green TTAs will be in there, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also could anyone advise on Engineering/maintenace train formations?

Any help/info would be appreciated ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
I'm interested in oil/petroleum traffic on the Highland Main Line in the late 80s/early 90s (sectorisation) period.
Can anyone advise what wagon types and liveries were seen on the HML at this time? I'm guessing BP green TTAs will be in there
Virtually no such traffic as the oil was piped and/or moved by ship, between Grangemouth and Inverness

Also could anyone advise on Engineering/maintenace train formations?
I remember seeing a few at Aviemore in the late 1980s, southbound it was a single Class 37 in Large Logo Blue comprised of about five Seacow and three Salmon type wagons with used entire track sections
Northbound it was a pair of Class 26 locos and was about twelve Seacow type wagons
This returned on the Sunday southbound, one of the Class 26 ran round, and it continued southbound

Status
Not open for further replies.