• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OMD Secret - type 3 loco and location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCommuter

Any ideas of the loco type and location for the train seen in the video for OMD's Secret, linked below? (Train is at around 00:19)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Irascible

Established Member
45/46 ( I couldn't tell them apart ), and I bet that's somewhere on the closed biit of the MML ( Matlock - Buxton area ).

Edit: It's Great Longstone, it's from a 1962 newsreel -

MadCommuter

45/46 ( I couldn't tell them apart ), and I bet that's somewhere on the closed biit of the MML ( Matlock - Buxton area ).
Thanks. It might well be Great Longstone then, as pictured in the next scene.

Edit: Great find with the Newsreel! I also just checked Google Maps and confirmed it too.

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We've got an aviary at home,

Sadly one of our birds of prey will only exercise at night to 80's music.

Our Kestrel Manoeuvres In The Dark
:lol: Very silly!

Dr Hoo

Established Member

Edit: It's Great Longstone, it's from a 1962 newsreel -
The reason that Great Longstone featured in a newsreel was that it was closed and then re-opened (for a limited time only) for the benefit of a single regular traveller (the lady shown for a moment) in a relatively inaccessible rural area.

Status
Not open for further replies.