• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Omsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just slightly curious as to how many OMSI players we have on here?

It has taken me awhile to get into the game, as I tried playing with my steering wheel, and didn't get on with it - since switching to the keyboard things have improved dramatically, and the passengers actually stay on my bus. The performance is not great, even on a good system like mine, but this appears to be a result of the way the game is coded, so hopefully OMSI 2 can improve that.

I'm curious as to people's favourite maps and vehicles? I've sunk hours into playing the 'Scunthorpe Modern' map (it being local to me!), and am enjoying the MAN NL202 and the default D92 - but does anyone have any other maps or vehicles they'd recommend?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ModernRailways

Established Member
OMSI player here :)

I can max out Train Sim, but OMSI can struggle at times. As you've mentioned though it appears to just be bad coding/optimisation. OSMI 2 will hopefully improve upon it, but as someone has mentioned in the Aussiex forums they could improve performance but may add so much that it just causes it to slow again.

My favourite maps are Newcastle (free), Canterbury (paid for version), and the recently released Hamburg map (paid for). I also quite enjoy Scunthorope, Project Szczecin, and Berlin Spandau Modern by Cristian. A lot of people really like Bad Kinzau but I thought it was boring.

If you join the Aussiex forums and take a look through the downloads there you may find your new favourite map!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
What system specs does it need mate and hoe much isit

It's 29.99 Euros - so roughly £26.

The games system requirements are as follows;

Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7
Processor (CPU): 2,6 GHz
Working storage: minimum 2 GB RAM
Graphics card: Geforce® ATI Radeon® 512 MB
Addition: DirectX: 9.0c or better
Internet connection for the online activation
Installations-Size: 2 GB
Download-Size: 720 MB

I'd recommend aiming to have a significantly better computer though - my old PC met the above requirements but was unable to play the game. So I'd advise caution if your computer does not exceed these requirements.

MCR247

Established Member
I play, and even with my pretty high spec PC I have trouble. I like the Scunthorpe Map but I have a lot of problems with it, so mostly I play on Bowdenham

deltic1989

Established Member
Another player here.
I have a fair few maps that I like to play.
Bowdenham is one of my favorites I could (and sometimes do) play it for hours.
Scunthorpe is great if you want a realistic map and the same creator has released a version of the route 300 WGC to Hatfield, which is well worth a look.
I have this evening been playing the new version of Daytonford (V7.0).
I don't really have a favorite vehicle, but I do enjoy driving the MAN Lions City DD beta, and its SD cousin, as well as the default SD202 D92.
I'm glad to hear that I am amongst good company in the performance stakes, my system struggles with it too. I have had to turn some of the settings down to stop the bus trying to fly.
I use a steering wheel with it all the time and have no issues except that programming the buttons on the wheel is a pain in the backside.

Bowdenham v3 2 by lizzybramley, on Flickr

Bowdenham v3 by lizzybramley, on Flickr

A couple of screens from my game using a Merc Camo Camus, first on route 953 to Herefield , and second on route 240 to Fobbingham Green in the british weather, both on Bowdenham v3.

northern156

I too have OMSI and play it on a regular basis - actually, probably too regularly!

Bowdenham for me has to be my all-time favourite map for the simulator; alongside Canterbury and Hamburg. I do quite like the default Berlin map too.

I love using my Logitech G27 wheel + pedals, especially for some manual minibuses I have (such as the Mercedes Vario 812D and Mercedes Sprinter).

Is it sad that I now know every single route on Bowdenham v3 inside out? :oops:

deltic1989

Established Member
I too have OMSI and play it on a regular basis - actually, probably too regularly!

Bowdenham for me has to be my all-time favourite map for the simulator; alongside Canterbury and Hamburg. I do quite like the default Berlin map too.

I love using my Logitech G27 wheel + pedals, especially for some manual minibuses I have (such as the Mercedes Vario 812D and Mercedes Sprinter).

Is it sad that I now know every single route on Bowdenham v3 inside out? :oops:

If you are sad than so am I as I too have all the routes memorised now :D. Including the 777.

gnolife

Established Member
I've just got a new computer, so I thought I'd try installing OMSI onto my new computer. However, it keeps on prompting me to do an online activation through the Aerosoft launcher. Aerosoft Launcher isn't coming up with any options for me to online activate OMSI.

Any ideas for what I can do?

Zamracene749

Oh dear.

One of the few things sadder in life than a trainspotter is a bus spotter, quite where a bus spotter that plays bus sims fits in is beyond me....

...and thanks to this thread i'm now utterly hooked! If any of my real bus driving mates find out, I'm in for some serious ribbing.......

ps i've even borrowed the steering wheel and pedals from my sons xbox...he's happy on gta V but this is more my pace, nice and relaxing :)

Darandio

Established Member
Are you looking at the original OMSI? As OMSI 2 is now available and should be backwards compatible with much of the third party content.

In terms of UK content, yes, there is a well supported community. However, due to the complications of the software, the vast majority of UK routes are left hand drive vehicles and the routes are built where you drive on the other side of the road.

Although that may seem strange, I never found that it detracted from the enjoyment, there are some fantastic UK routes out there.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Ok i bought it and its FANTASTIC!!!!

got OMSI 2 from steam and its working fine i must admit i know people are having problems but mine seems fine so far.

just need to find some british routes for OMSI 2 can anyone point me in the direction

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
just bought the payware version of canterbury and it is fantastic anyone not got this i would highly recommend it

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Just got into OMSI again and i love it my favorite route has to be Newcastle and Hertford amazing game and highly recommend it i have OMSI 2 but dont really use it

Status
Not open for further replies.