• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Onboard Reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Wondering...each company has its own version of onboard reading but whats your favourite complimentary Newsletter/Magazine?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
I think Metro's very good, seeing as it's free. I haven't read anything else. If they're anything like the ones on planes, I don't really find much good stuff in them.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hotline can be quite interesting. I usually tend to read that when I'm on a long journey.
MMLs magazine (can't remember the name) is just rather pointless.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hotline is quite interesting, and some issues of Livewire have been good. MML used to have a fairly decent one, but scrapped it for what is a fairly poor newsletter!

dan_atki

Established Member
I find SWT's E-motion quite interesting - especially reading some of the letters that they publish (and especially the replies ;))and some of the questions in the Passenger's Panel section can be quite amusing!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had a look at FGW's one "Go to..." at the weekend and had a go at the crossword, though I don't generally read them.

Hotline is excellent for tearing up and stuffing into gaps in the train to stop irritating vibrating & rattling blinds and panels :p

Spaceflower

Established Member
I knew what you meant FirstScotrail, but would rather count County Durham sheep than read a company magazine.....ANY company magazine!!
especially train ones, but you find them in any company reception:???:

me123

Established Member
Maybe I'm missing something with FSR's mag, but that just looks like advertising, advertising, advertising. Everything on it seems to be about places and events you can take a FSR train to.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Used enjoy Reach but I find virgins hotline interests me the most... haven't been on a virgin train for a while now mind

I quite liked Go To.. I always think Hotline has too much advertising in it, i know it needs a lot to pay for itself but there can be too much! Livewire kindof bores me..its the same old stuff every 3 months. FSR's is short and can be a bit boring! explorer by tpe i think is too unorganised!

Jim

Established Member
Hotline is excellent for tearing up and stuffing into gaps in the train to stop irritating vibrating & rattling blinds and panels :p

I am glad I am not the only one who does that!

Jordy

Established Member

Now that IS a good idea! Will definately try that next time i'm on a Voyager! (Not often thankfully! ;))

Jordy

compsci

FCC make a tiny leaflet every three months, dominated by a picture of a grinning Elaine. They publish about two letters and maybe a feature on somewhere where you could go on their route if you were really bored.

They have also started doing profiles of staff and passengers (I travel on a train N times per week ...). At least it isn't covered with adverts. There is no room.

me123

Established Member
Similarly, most of FSR's literature has a picture of a Mary Dickson. Maybe they're going for her "friendly" face?

Galvanize

Right, onboard magazines eh?
MML: What's the point?
FGW: Used to be a good one called "Reach", not seen "go"
Virgin: Good for reasons mojo stated.
GNER: Quite interesting
one life: alright i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.