• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ormskirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

L+Y

Is there any reason the Preston-bound platform at Ormskirk has enjoyed a short northward extension?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I am fairly sure it used to fit a 4 car 156 but only just, so perhaps it's so a 4 car 195 formation could be used, e.g. for the Aintree Races traffic?

L+Y

I am fairly sure it used to fit a 4 car 156 but only just, so perhaps it's so a 4 car 195 formation could be used, e.g. for the Aintree Races traffic?
I'd thought that only races traffic would justify a platform extension- but surely races traffic doesn't justify expenditure like this?

Alternatively- are the buffers moving a few feet north to comfortably fit 8 car 777 formations into the Liverpool platform?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I'd thought that only races traffic would justify a platform extension- but surely races traffic doesn't justify expenditure like this?

Alternatively- are the buffers moving a few feet north to comfortably fit 8 car 777 formations into the Liverpool platform?

Ah, that might make more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.