• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Out of date Rail travel vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann McEntee

I have nearly £100 worth of out of date rail travel vouchers. I could not use them as I had a annual season ticket and so want to know if I can get a refund another way / if I can use the vouchers / advice would be appreciated as don't want to lose the refunds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
They are useless once out of date. If they are nearing expiry then do something with them quick. Which train company issued them? Your only option is to ask the issuing train company to re-issue them and it might help if you have a good reason for not using them sooner.

Elecman

Established Member
Ive been waiting 3 months for Virgin WC to relate 2 of mine thatvexpired befor3 use due to thier staff giving my daughter the wrong information as to thiervexpiry date. This is after numerous emails and relephone conversations with thier customer services .

beeza1

A few months ago I asked if I could use a voucher that was one day out of date, the ticket seller politely refused and threw the voucher in the bin, so I very much doubt the OP will get any joy.

najaB

Veteran Member
I have sympathy for people who lose out on refunds, but you've got a whole year to use them so I wouldn't expect much luck getting them replaced.

father_jack

Which TOC are they from? I don't know if it's the case any more but GW at least used to replenish RTVs if returned.

tgrb

I have asked GWR for vouchers, that refund my card, and to credit my online account, I have never asked for a cheque. All they ever send are cheques!

Dhassell

I have asked GWR for vouchers, that refund my card, and to credit my online account, I have never asked for a cheque. All they ever send are cheques!
So true, dunno what it is with GWR and sending cheques when people ask for other things... It has happened to me twice and I have heard from other which have had the same thing happen as well!

_toommm_

Established Member
So true, dunno what it is with GWR and sending cheques when people ask for other things... It has happened to me twice and I have heard from other which have had the same thing happen as well!

Same with TPE. They offer BACS for delay repay on the website then when I chase it up they tell me it's because they don't offer BACS for delay repay!

nickswift99

Had it happen to me lots (which is a problem when my nearest bank branch is 20 miles away). If you call GWR you can get them to add a flag on your account to get the payment type you want. After I had this done I always got RTVs and still do.

Deafdoggie

Established Member

Shat happens if you ask for a cheque?

paddington

I asked GWR for vouchers for a delay late April, and they sent me vouchers! (Previously always cheque.) And what's more they only took 2 weeks to arrive - very pleased.

I have nearly £100 worth of out of date rail travel vouchers. I could not use them as I had a annual season ticket

Vouchers are valid for 12 months, and wouldn't an annual ticket come up for renewal at some point during the 12 months?

If you aren't paying for your own annual season, there must be someone you can buy a ticket for

Status
Not open for further replies.