• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overnight trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
Although I haven't done any rail trips this year, when searching for a location for an hotel, it always needs to be as close as possible to a railway station. I do tend to go for Premier Inn but not always.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Easyhotel is a very budget-oriented hotel but one that I do find myself coming back to. They've got a good dozen with most based in city centres all over the UK, so naturally close to train stations. If I'm in London for the night I'll pretty much always stay at the Heathrow one, which is pretty close to Hayes and Harlington station.

If I'm in Edinburgh, I'll always stay in CODE Pod hostel. It's a pod-based system so you get privacy compared to other hostels, and it's always remarkably clean. Plus you get a free breakfast too IIRC.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If I'm in Edinburgh, I'll always stay in CODE Pod hostel. It's a pod-based system so you get privacy compared to other hostels, and it's always remarkably clean. Plus you get a free breakfast too IIRC.

For Edinburgh I'd go for Motel One, which despite the name is really quite good and a model of Germanic efficiency. There are also others in the UK.

trainophile

Established Member
What do people know about all the OYO hotels that are springing up all over the place, often in hotels that seemingly used to be independent?

I stayed in one once in Aberdeen as it was by far the cheapest place around for my dates, but it certainly wasn’t the Ritz.

Do they operate as some sort of franchise?

Howardh

Established Member
I often get the price of a hotel on a booking site, and then go to the hotel's website to see what they can offer. These days I like the free cancellation that those booking sites offer, there's usually a fiver or so per night added on to the price for that security; I prefer that than a direct booking but with cancellation fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.