• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington - Bristol TM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrailway

Hi all,

I'm travelling on Wednesday (9th Oct) from Paddington to Bristol and returning on the same day. I want to be at Bristol TM by 2 pm so am intending to take 1200 hrs departure from Paddington which is scheduled to arrive at Bristol TM at 1344 hrs.

Coming back I'll probably take the 1630 hrs or 1700 hrs departures from Bristol TM.

I have a young persons railcard.

Currently I'm planning to split my tickets at Reading and Didcot:

London Terminals - RDG Off Peak Day Return: (£12.00)

RDG - DID Off Peak Day Return: (£5.80)

DID - BRI Off Peak Day Return (£14.45)

Total: £32.25 compared to London Terminals - BRI Super Off Peak Return (£35.30)

Are there any more savings that I have missed?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
You forgot to factor in the £33 it will cost you when I catch you on the 12.00 with a split at Didcot when the train didn't stop there <D

Start again :D

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
As Flamingo has pointed out, your split is not valid on the 1200 as the train does not stop at Didcot.

You need to use the 1130 or the 1136 and change at Swindon.

34D

Established Member
Is Paddington where you live? If not where, and will you use Oyster to get to pad?

This is a route I used to do regularly, so may be able to offer something.

Goatboy

Established Member
With the Super Offpeak Return being only 2 quid more it hardly seems worth the bother.

Metrailway

You forgot to factor in the £33 it will cost you when I catch you on the 12.00 with a split at Didcot when the train didn't stop there <D

Start again :D

Ah bugger...

Is Paddington where you live? If not where, and will you use Oyster to get to pad?

This is a route I used to do regularly, so may be able to offer something.

Well I'm starting from Neasden.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
The journey is available using advances from the First Great Western website (including the 10% online discount) from £27.40.

34D

Established Member
Well I'm starting from Neasden.

If saving money is the objective, I would do Neasden to West Drayton on PAYG (£1.50 each way, avoiding zone 1, subj to any disc or cap you may be entitled to), then West Drayton to Didcot Off Peak Day Return £14.50.

34D

Established Member
If you're prepared to take longer, there is a £25.90 Off-Peak Day Return Route Warminster-Salisbury ticket available - you would take a South West Trains service from Waterloo to Salisbury, then a FGW service to Bristol.
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=1072&dest=BRI&rlc=YNG&rte=800&tkt=CDR

If you specify London Waterloo to Bristol via. Salisbury in a booking engine, you will get an itinerary.

This isn't really a saving once he factors in Neasden to Waterloo though

Status
Not open for further replies.