• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PARAlympic park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

I noticed a few passenger displays suggesting journey options to the Olympic Park today. It's the Paralympics now so isn't it the Paralympic Park?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
I noticed a few passenger displays suggesting journey options to the Olympic Park today. It's the Paralympics now so isn't it the Paralympic Park?
Looking at the official London 2012 website events are still being held at the Olympic Stadium which is within the Olympic Park.

EM2

Established Member
Looking at the official London 2012 website events are still being held at the Olympic Stadium which is within the Olympic Park.
Exactly, the name of the venue doesn't change dependent on what is taking place.
For example in Rome, football, rugby and athletics all take place in the Stadio Olimpico.

Capybara

Exactly, the name of the venue doesn't change dependent on what is taking place.

Except that it does in these days of sponsorship of everything. For example, the O2 Arena has become the North Greenwich arena for the duration of the Olympics, and the Ricoh Arena became the City of Coventry Stadium.

D365

Veteran Member
Still the Olympic Park, it doesn't usually change for other countries that have finished hosting these events.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Still the Olympic Park, it doesn't usually change for other countries that have finished hosting these events.

This is what I thought, but signs at Stratford Int'l (Southeastern) refer to Paralympic Park. I presume this is an error, as everywhere else it's still the Olympic Park.

D365

Veteran Member
Most signs in and around the park have been changed to Paralympic Park, but I spotted one Olympic Park sign on Stratford Intl. P1 that they'd forgotten to change! The complex will be known as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park when the party moves out.

As a side note, seeing Richard Whitehead et al in the Olympic Stadium was truly amazing. You don't get the same feeling of passion and emotion through a TV! Truly special.

Status
Not open for further replies.