• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty fare disability. OCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianW

Established Member
It seems a number of contributions have moved from helping James, the Original Poster, to more esoteric arguments about the meaning of words and their application. There may be another time and place for those discussions.

James has bravely asked for assistance, at huge emotional cost, which he did not receive at Daisy Hill or on the train.

I found these words from a document issued at the time of introduction of the Equality Act 2010, explaining differences (improvements) from the previous Disability Discrimination Act:

Harassment (new)
Disability harassment is unwanted behaviour
related to disability that has the purpose or
effect of violating a person’s dignity or creating
an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or
offensive environment for them

James has been harassed; he has had his dignity violated.

Hopefully Northern can demonstrate that all people acting on their behalf have had appropriate and up-to-date training and are accountable.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chiltern trev

There is virtually nil chance that your phone could break.

INCORRECT.

This week my Android phone decided it would intermittently ignore the power on and off button and at one point it powered off and would not wake up. I rescued it by Googling and eventually, 2 days later, found out how to wake it up but it needed a usb cable connection to a laptop.

In the last 2 months we had another android phone play up with battery problems - result is a new phone.

And these issue get severely magnified if an owner suffers from anxiety, etc.

We haven't heard if the OP has a document issued by the inspector. They should have. That document itself should contain some information that would help the train company identify the inspector without specifying the exact train and them looking up rosters etc
We need to see a copy of the penalty fares notice.

If a copy of the notice is supplied there will be an “inspector ID” number very close to the top of the notice, also, when making any appeal etc it will be recorded electronically and have the inspectors electronic signature attached

nanstallon

Let's face it - there are a lot of railway staff who should not be allowed anywhere near the customers. In most jobs, someone behaving in the way that the RPI did would be summarily dismissed, and rightly so. Any chance of that happening in this case? Don't make me laugh.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Moderator Note:

There's probably not much more to say about this at this stage, and we're starting to get into speculation rather than specific advice so I'm locking this thread for now.

@jamesthebeast when you have an update to post please report this thread by clicking the 'report' button in the bottom left hand corner of this post which will alert the Moderating Team to re-open the thread.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.