• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted Travelcard Route (Didcot - London Zones 1-6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWRjake

Sooner or later (surely!) Chiltern will commence operations between Oxford and Marylebone. Would a Travelcard from Didcot allow me to make use of this service, or would I have to get a return to Oxford and then a Travelcard from there? Thanks! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

As things currently stand, I think so, based on the information discovered in a recent thread, you probably will. (Although this is dependent on waiting for them to update the maps to take into effect the changes bought about by this build.)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Your journey is Didcot Parkway to West Ruislip, right?

It does appear to be marginally shorter to travel from Didcot to West Ruislip via Bicester (when open) than via London.

However someone might argue that the shortest route is actually via Greenford... Discuss! ;)

button_boxer

Established Member
Watch them change the Didcot ticket to "via Reading" (and possibly introduce a new "any permitted" priced at or above the Oxford fare).

Status
Not open for further replies.