• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pete Waterman layout - Chester Cathedral - worth visiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessie

Has anyone been to visit this layout since it opened? I know the exhibition runs until early September and I'm thinking about planning a day trip. However it will cost over £100 to travel from Berkshire to Chester for the day so trying to determine if this has the "wow" factor versus seeing other model layouts at exhibitions closer to home.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Why

Has anyone been to visit this layout since it opened? I know the exhibition runs until early September and I'm thinking about planning a day trip. However it will cost over £100 to travel from Berkshire to Chester for the day so trying to determine if this has the "wow" factor versus seeing other model layouts at exhibitions closer to home.

Loved it, only thing I found was in such a vast area oo gauge looked like N !!

Stayed for about 2 hours, was not busy, and had plenty of time to get up close.

I traveled by train from Chelmsford for £67, booked about two weeks in advance, £100 seems a bit steep!!

Would recomend

Last edited:

sonic2009

Established Member

What dates do you have in mind to travel, any railcards? and where from in Berkshire?

Status
Not open for further replies.