• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peterborough to Foxton validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Hi all,

I've just come across a ticket with very strange validity. Peterborough to Foxton, route Great Northern and Thameslink Only. I would assume it is for travel via Hitchin only given that GTR don't operate any services between Peterborough and Ely, but the shortest route and I expect the quickest would be via Ely and not via Hitchin. Does anybody have any idea why it is a TOC specific fare? There's also a "Not via London" which you usually see for routes around Cambridge where you generally have that option, a via Stevenage option, and a via March option.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It can only be used via Hitchin, as you say, since GTR don't operate any services via March.

LNER are the interavailable fare setter, with concomitant high prices and heavy time restrictions, so GTR have created their own dedicated fares to undercut these.

Status
Not open for further replies.