• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Planned journey from Krakow to Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar0

Hi all,

I'm in Krakow next month and intend to return by rail. I already have my flights out sorted, and have read the seat61 guide to travelling back this way. I had planned to take the sleeper train, but (despite having been looking since October) have never seen tickets at a reasonable price.

I'm still young enough to get an interrail pass, and will be travelling with one other. Any ideas?

Cheers

Aa

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Could you clarify which sleeper you mean?
Krakow-Prague? Wien-Düsseldorf?
Approx date of travel? And are you heading for the London area?

Edit: AFAIK you can't book Krakow-Prague online, so I'm not sure what sleeper prices you have found.
But for a random date in mid April, the cheap EUR21 Prague-Cheb-Brussels tickets are still available. Or you can travel Prague-Bayerisch Eisenstein-London, splitting tickets there and overnighting somewhere in Germany.

Last edited:

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm in Krakow next month and intend to return by rail. I already have my flights out sorted, and have read the seat61 guide to travelling back this way. I had planned to take the sleeper train, but (despite having been looking since October) have never seen tickets at a reasonable price.

I'm still young enough to get an interrail pass, and will be travelling with one other. Any ideas?

Cheers

Aa

A global interrail pass for a youth is about £163, you then have to pay for sleeper supplements (11-100 Euros) and Eurostars(£30) separately.

aar0

Sadly I can't do this anymore, although I'll still be going to Krakow I can't get the extra time to return on the train. Thanks for your replies though, hopefully at some point I'll be able to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.