• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform 7 filming location?

Aaron1

So i am just watching a series on ITVX called Platform 7 which is some thriller based on somebody taking their own life by throwing themselves in front of a train.

I an having trouble finding online which train station/stations was used in filming this? I can see there is a book which is set at Cambridge/Peterborough station but having been to both of these stations I can confirm it was not filmed at any of these.

Could it be a disused station/s? Parts of the station looks like Nottingham station to me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Parallel

Established Member
I initially thought it was Carnforth station but according to Wikipedia (so a pinch of salt may be needed), the concourse and station forecourt used was Kidderminster station, with the platform being from one of the heritage line platforms at Keighley station.

In January 2023, it was announced that Jasmine Jobson would lead Platform 7. Also joining the cast were Toby Regbo, Yaamin Chowdhury, and Phil Davis. Principal photography took place in northern England.[4] The station concourse and forcourt were filmed at Kidderminster on the Severn Valley Railway, with the "platform 7" being filmed at Keighley on the Keighley and Worth Valley railway.
Source:

Aaron1

I initially thought it was Carnforth station but according to Wikipedia (so a pinch of salt may be needed), the concourse and station forecourt used was Kidderminster station, with the platform being from one of the heritage line platforms at Keighley station.

Source:
I have Been to Kidderminster station before (albeit only once) and I don't remember it bearing any resemblance, obviously that doesn't mean it isn't though!

Parallel

Established Member
I have Been to Kidderminster station before (albeit only once) and I don't remember it bearing any resemblance, obviously that doesn't mean it isn't though!
Worth noting they have listed Kidderminster on the Severn Valley Railway so they are probably referring to Kidderminster Town station, rather than the West Midlands Trains’ Kidderminster station.

Aaron1

Worth noting they have listed Kidderminster on the Severn Valley Railway so they are probably referring to Kidderminster Town station, rather than the West Midlands Trains’ Kidderminster station.
Good point, in fairness I wasn't even aware a Kidderminster Town station even existed, but having googled it, it looks remarkably similar to the one used on the programme so it probably is that

jfowkes

Curiously, at the start of the trailer there are three poster boards that all clearly read "GREAT CENTRAL RAILWAY".

Screenshot from 2023-12-26 11-07-37.png

Is this still Keighley? Certainly matches the other shots in the trailer (apart from the bench, which looks like a slightly more modern stand-in). But can't figure out why any GCR branding would be there. In various photos and videos the poster boards at Keighley say "BRITISH RAILWAYS", which you would want to cover up for filming a modern scene, just odd that they chose some "GREAT CENTRAL RAILWAY" stickers to do it with.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
There are also some shots underneath the viaducts at Engine Shed junction, Holbeck, Leeds.

Most of the platform shots are indeed Keighley.

Good programme !

midland1

Curiously, at the start of the trailer there are three poster boards that all clearly read "GREAT CENTRAL RAILWAY".

View attachment 149142

Is this still Keighley? Certainly matches the other shots in the trailer (apart from the bench, which looks like a slightly more modern stand-in). But can't figure out why any GCR branding would be there. In various photos and videos the poster boards at Keighley say "BRITISH RAILWAYS", which you would want to cover up for filming a modern scene, just odd that they chose some "GREAT CENTRAL RAILWAY" stickers to do it with.
They probably just made the name up GCR as a local railway company, like you sometimes see something like "North and Western Railway".

Molly Green

So i am just watching a series on ITVX called Platform 7 which is some thriller based on somebody taking their own life by throwing themselves in front of a train.

I an having trouble finding online which train station/stations was used in filming this? I can see there is a book which is set at Cambridge/Peterborough station but having been to both of these stations I can confirm it was not filmed at any of these.

Could it be a disused station/s? Parts of the station looks like Nottingham station to me?

Molly Green

I'm just watching platform 7 and I can confirm the use of Keighley Station mainline and also the adjoining heritage steam railway platform - Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. I recognised them straight away. However, I read they also used Kidderminster Station for the forecourt and concourse. I've not been there so I can't confirm that. Keighley does not have an underpass tunnel - rather a canopied walkway overhead. Same used in 'Yanks'. Keighley has a steep walkway either side of the platform leading from the platforms up to the booking office. Guarded by the white ornate fence. Keighley Station and The K&WVR are regularly used for filming.

bluenoxid

Established Member
Linking this thread to the thread created at the time of filming, which I hope will help provide some context

Veteran Member
I’m sure there’s an underpass linking the two Worth Valley platforms, as well as the bridge linking all four platforms
There certainly was this morning, and at some stage during the filming there were some fake ticket gates set up in it - I presume those appear in the programme?
The trailer is certainly Keighley.

xotGD

Established Member
Just to note that the KWVR have publicised the fact that the railway features in the programme. Nobody needs to guess!

hue166

View attachment 149142

The IMDB page for this says its London basedScreenshot_20240207_223250_Chrome.jpg

Magicflute25

Good point, in fairness I wasn't even aware a Kidderminster Town station even existed, but having googled it, it looks remarkably similar to the one used on the programme so it probably is that
It certainly was a bit confusing jumping to different stations ! But some scenes were definitely filmed at Kidderminster SVR …