• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform experiences at Toulouse station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractionman

Hi folks,

I was in Toulouse at the end of the last week and in between work meetings in the city I squeezed some time in at the main SNCF station to take some photos of loco-hauled trains. The weather was rubbish but with so many locos around (and for how much longer?), quietly snapped away, until…

A gentleman appeared, with security emblazoned on his uniform. He asked to see my ‘paperwork’ - paperwork?! I asked him if he spoke English, which he did, and he then explained that I would need permission to take pictures at the station – news to me – I have photographed on stations all over France the past few years with no similar requests.

Anyway, I asked him where I could get this required paperwork and was informed I would need to go to “Door 20”, along the platform (next to the water-fountain and main entrance from the booking hall, for future reference). On entering “Door 20” there is a desk, at which a lady appeared from behind a screen, so I asked her about photography (she also spoke English), and she said, as long as I was photographing trains and not staff I was fine! So away I went content that I was fine…

Until on another platform, taking photos of the line of locos in the yard (what a line-up!), another security official appeared, and again I was asked for my papers. This time, in broken French, I explained I had visited “Door 20” and all was well – he replied, “C’est bon” and headed off.

By this time the light was fading, and so was my resolve, so I headed off. All of this questioning was a tad tedious (though everyone was courteous) and it took the edge of my enjoyment. Perhaps other SNCF stations also have “Door 20s”, and might be worth seeking out to save any similar hassle!

Cheers,

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.