• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poole - Weymouth Resignalling Scheme Approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentis

If hentis didnt think it would be nuke trains why then the speculation for DRS ?

The email that I have recieved (dated in 2005) with the enquirery from DRS about Winfrith Sidings.

Again names have been removed.

Cheers

Hentis

Subject: DRS traffic - Winfrith

Dear

Please be advised that I received a call from Control today to say that they had been contacted by DRS.

They were enquiring as to the status of Winfrith sidings as they were looking at possible traffic to/from Sellafield.
I advised him that we, (the MOM’s), test the ground frame every month and that the sidings are such that they could be utilised.
I did put the proviso on that the sidings would need to be checked out by the S&T and P.Way before use.
The Controller stated that this was only an approach at this time; he did not know when the traffic would start.
Regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

@Chrism

A couple of times I have had queries from people at Network Rail and SWT asking me where I got the information from. I wont disclose names if the person does not want me to. I always ask if the info they tell me can go on my website, "yes if you dont quote my name", comes the reply, with that I am happy.
Quite rightly, i mean credit them on a personal level.
If you read my post again you will see that i'm not disputing you just after reading some of your comments and flicking through your site it comes across as if you are the original soruce of that information and you should get the credit when the info has come from someone else.

ChrisM

Wareham - Weymouth 2tph, Poole - Wareham 3tph should just about manage on the current AB working if the headways are reasonably lax.
Should be 2 tph Weymouth to London anyway with 3 tph from Bournemouth to London IMO.
I thought the current Wareham to Brockenhurst service was soon to be a extended Weymouth to Southampton.
Never understood why there are more trains from/to Hamworthy then there is from Bournemouth to Weymouth.

T

Tom

London - Weymouth 2tph formed from:
* London - Weymouth
* London - Poole extended

London - Wareham 1tph formed from combination of:
* London - Southampton Central
* Brockenhurst - Wareham

Kris

London - Weymouth 2tph formed from:
* London - Weymouth
* London - Poole extended

London - Wareham 1tph formed from combination of:
* London - Southampton Central
* Brockenhurst - Wareham

Would'st that not make it :-

London - Wareham 3tph including the 2 to Weymouth :p

T

Tom

:lol:

Bournemouth will get no "terminators", not as far as I know anyway. Virgin will use Bournemouth though, and no doubt trains will be splitting there.

Kris

That could be a good prospect I don't know why South West Trains don't use a 159 on Waterloo - Bourenmouth - Poole - Wareham - Norden - Corfe Castle - Harms Cross and Swanage service once a week!:smile:

They did consider it on a more regular basis a few years back. We said we'd bring some with us when we came back from Salisbury and run the service

159's rule :thumblef:

T

Tom

Think SWT could probably run it now with 2x159 as they have enough 158s to cover the diagrams. The FTPE 158s will be off to Doncaster for refurb next, and apparently 159107 arrived in all orange doors.... eurgh!!

paul1609

Established Member
Are all the 158s staying with SWT when they pull out from Brighton in December? One of my sources reckon that they have made a bit of a cock up in assuming that they would retain the paths between Portsmouth and Reading when they pulled out of Brighton. Apparently other companies have the right to bid for alternative services on all or part of the route and 2 have expressed an interest in doing so.

T

Tom

The 158s will presumably be staying, yep. I would assume that if SWT cannot use the paths available, then they'll use the 158s to bolster services on the WoE.

Oracle

Established Member
I am sure that on this forum it was suggested that Southern would be extending their Portsmouth services to Southampton Central via Eastleigh to provide a 2-per-hour service.

T

Tom

Yes, paul1609 mentioned it.

I think it is definately a possibility but IMHO Southern are trying to invade on SWTs ORCATS revenue too much.

Hentis

Apparently this is not the case now and I have been asked to remove (which I will do) the story from the website. Its going to happen but its been defferred for a good few years apparently.

Cheers

Hentis

Status
Not open for further replies.