• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poor avatar quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T163R

Hi there (oh me again :lol: ),

I wondered how could I put an avatar for my RUK account without having it transformed to poor quality (compare yours to mine, black spots all over it, yuck) ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Hi there (oh me again :lol: ),

I wondered how could I put an avatar for my RUK account without having it transformed to poor quality (compare yours to mine, black spots all over it, yuck) ?

Chances are it's a poor quality image to begin with. Do you have a link to the original?

With images avoid gif images. If possible png is the best format and then jpeg but sticking to the original format will be fine (as long as it's not gif) since RUK uses low resolution images for avatars.

T163R

Chances are it's a poor quality image to begin with. Do you have a link to the original?

With images avoid gif images. If possible png is the best format and then jpeg but sticking to the original format will be fine (as long as it's not gif) since RUK uses low resolution images for avatars.

No the original is not poor quality. HQ photo, 16 megapixels, SONY DSC-WX7. I make 1080p Full HD movies with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.