• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Post-May 2019 LNR 319 Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
correct me if I am wrong, LNR have 5 319's? one working the abbey line.
5 sets of services as per post #2. But 4 of them are for 12 car sets, so that’s 13 unit diagrams in service altogether...

post #10 explains that to meet this daily requirement they have 15 units.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MatthewRead

On Moderation
It may change after the timetable hopefully they will get regular weekend diagrams instead of kicking about on the sidings.

Mordac

Established Member
It may change after the timetable hopefully they will get regular weekend diagrams instead of kicking about on the sidings.
It's been reported that the staff don't really like these trains (especially maintenance) so they're probably making the least use of them possible.

Ladder23

Established Member
I’m looking to ride all of the 319’s, or at least see them all in a evening. Does the 4 car unit often link up to another etc, I noticed 319005 has worked the abbey line but on YouTube videos I see another on 4 form?

sd0733

Established Member
I’m looking to ride all of the 319’s, or at least see them all in a evening. Does the 4 car unit often link up to another etc, I noticed 319005 has worked the abbey line but on YouTube videos I see another on 4 form?
The only 4 car unit, the abbey line one stays on it for a week barring any failures. Swaps over on a Sunday morning IIRC

Kite159

Veteran Member
The only 4 car unit, the abbey line one stays on it for a week barring any failures. Swaps over on a Sunday morning IIRC

I believe it swaps over around 13:30 on Saturdays, the 13:07 St Albans Abbey service goes ECS to Northampton, with another unit coming in from Northampton to form the next St Albans Abbey service causing a longer gap in service.

Ladder23

Established Member
I believe it swaps over around 13:30 on Saturdays, the 13:07 St Albans Abbey service goes ECS to Northampton, with another unit coming in from Northampton to form the next St Albans Abbey service causing a longer gap in service.

I see, have you any idea of the "gap" timing.

I have to ask, I was working on a set of points in the Bletchley carriage sidings last Friday, where 319005 was parked, does this mean another 319 worked the abbey line or was there no service. You say another unit comes from Northampton, does this also leave a 8 car formation till the finished 4 form arrives to link up?

I hope I haven't confused you! please bare with me while I get this!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
brilliant - I can see that clear as day thanks so much

could you confirm whether I have got that right, with the splitting a 12 car idea to a 8, till the 4 arrives from abbey?
With 13 in use out of 15 on weekdays, they must be regularly changing the 12 car formations even without considering the branch unit. No idea if there’s a pattern to the sequence.

Ladder23

Established Member
With 13 in use out of 15 on weekdays, they must be regularly changing the 12 car formations even without considering the branch unit. No idea if there’s a pattern to the sequence.

okay brilliant - ill try do some digging.

also just another one for you, I see the 13:26 from northampton emd, when I open your RTT link, however on detailed mode when I search myself this doesn't show, any idea where I am going wrong

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
excuse that! I got the date wrong I am sorted now
No problems. It takes a little while to get the hang of RTT, but it’s great for the sort of question you first asked. Unfortunately it can’t help much with train lengths or what shuffles go on within a depot...

Ladder23

Established Member
No problems. It takes a little while to get the hang of RTT, but it’s great for the sort of question you first asked. Unfortunately it can’t help much with train lengths or what shuffles go on within a depot...

yes shame that, but I am sure ill soon get there, cheers again

Ladder23

Established Member
Noticed a 319 in Bletchley CS again just a moment ago, not in service?

Ladder23

Established Member
Seen 2 319’s today in service, the diagrams are wrong it seems as they show no Sunday service ?

Silverlinky

Seen 2 319’s today in service, the diagrams are wrong it seems as they show no Sunday service ?

they come out when there is engineering work affecting the Northampton loop. No trains north or south from Northampton, meaning all those units stabled at the station and on Kings Heath are ‘locked in’
Therefore they only have the units in Bletchley carriage sidings available to use....and some of those are 319’s
Amended diagrams accordingly.

Ladder23

Established Member
they come out when there is engineering work affecting the Northampton loop. No trains north or south from Northampton, meaning all those units stabled at the station and on Kings Heath are ‘locked in’
Therefore they only have the units in Bletchley carriage sidings available to use....and some of those are 319’s
Amended diagrams accordingly.
Makes perfect sense!

Thanks

Ladder23

Established Member
I
By one set, he meant a 12 car set....2K06 delayed at Harrow with door issues. 319218/220/433 Fault was with the one in the middle.
I meant to be clearer but yes I knew, thanks for the unit numbers. I believe its the one stabled in Bletchley, I noticed one pull in when I was trackside by the carriage siding points. I’ve seen 3 12 car sets today.

Silverlinky

319216 was failed first thing with sanding issues on the Abbey line, this was replaced later in the morning with 319433 which itself has now been failed with door issues.

Ladder23

Established Member
319216 was failed first thing with sanding issues on the Abbey line, this was replaced later in the morning with 319433 which itself has now been failed with door issues.
good grief, they have there fair share of issues then. poor maintenance or just unreliable trains due to age?

Ladder23

Established Member
They're over 30 years old and have been worked very hard on Thameslink - they are just old and knackered.
love them myself despite the issues its a pleasure working and seeing them go past, hope they're around for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.