• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Power failure Glasgow (06/02)

Lemmy99uk

Currently sitting on 1S34 at Carluke, (25 minutes and counting), and the Train Manager has announced that there is a major power failure in the Glasgow area and we are not going anywhere for now.

Does anyone have any more information?

Looks like my Strathclyde track bashing day has gone for a burton.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southsider

Currently sitting on 1S34 at Carluke, (25 minutes and counting), and the Train Manager has announced that there is a major power failure in the Glasgow area and we are not going anywhere for now.

Does anyone have any more information?

Looks like my Strathclyde track bashing day has gone for a burton.
Just come into Central. Everything seems fine

Signalling fault at law junction I believe according to national rail

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_093524_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_093524_Samsung Internet.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 51

Established Member
Emergency Special working in place with multiple points clamped.

Extremely limited number of trains can run in the area.

DanNCL

Established Member
It seems to be under control. I went through a couple of hours ago and only lost half an hour between Carstairs and Motherwell.
Conveniently sat just outside Central for a couple of minutes which tipped the delay over the 30 minute threshold for delay repay!

randyrippley

Established Member
Possibly related, everything coming into Lancaster from Carlisle is currently flagged as running an hour or more late due to signal problems. Though that seems to be more hope than promise
Only southbound actually running seems to be from Barrow

Established Member
Possibly related, everything coming into Lancaster from Carlisle is currently flagged as running an hour or more late due to signal problems. Though that seems to be more hope than promise
Only southbound actually running seems to be from Barrow
It will be.

Depending on how many trains in the area at Lanark Jn, some trains have been getting delayed by up to 90 min,

Emergency special working past multiple signals and 50mph through the affected area.

UPDATE 1830
Observed on Twitter that the signal fault is now rectified, ESW removed and normal working resumed.

Last edited: