• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preserved locos at Longmoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsend Hook

Evening all,

I'm trying to gather a list of the preserved locos which gathered at the Longmoor Military Railway in the late '60s.

So far I've got:
BR 9F 92203 'Black Prince'
BR 4MT 75029 'The Green Knight'
SR MN 35028 'Clan Line'
SR WC 34023 'Blackmore Vale'
BR Ivatt 2MT 41298
And possibly a little Andrew Barclay of some description?

Any further info anyone has would be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Evening all,

I'm trying to gather a list of the preserved locos which gathered at the Longmoor Military Railway in the late '60s.

So far I've got:
BR 9F 92203 'Black Prince'
BR 4MT 75029 'The Green Knight'
SR MN 35028 'Clan Line'
SR WC 34023 'Blackmore Vale'
BR Ivatt 2MT 41298
And possibly a little Andrew Barclay of some description?

Any further info anyone has would be much appreciated.
Was there not also a WD 2-10-0 No. 600 at that period? unable to double check at the moment.

Just to add, I think that Andrew Barclay could have been the 0-6-0 ST that was used in the train scene of the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Last edited:

Townsend Hook

Was there not also a WD 2-10-0 No. 600 at that period? unable to double check at the moment.

Just to add, I think that Andrew Barclay could have been the 0-6-0 ST that was used in the train scene of the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

No. 600 'Gordon' is preserved, but was one of the MoD's operational fleet at Longmoor, as opposed to the preserved locos which were stored there after being purchased from BR or whoever. The 0-6-0ST in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of the MoD's fleet of Hunslet Austerity tanks used at Longmoor.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
No. 600 'Gordon' is preserved, but was one of the MoD's operational fleet at Longmoor, as opposed to the preserved locos which were stored there after being purchased from BR or whoever. The 0-6-0ST in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of the MoD's fleet of Hunslet Austerity tanks used at Longmoor.

Ah right, I see, apologies for the providing the (non) information there :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.