• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[PT] State of the Évora-Elvas high speed line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonasB

Since there are some posters here with a lot of knowledge about Portugal, does anyone know the state of the Évora to Elvas high speed line? If I'm not mistaken it is supposed to open next year? Is that still the case? I've tried to find information about it, but since I don't speak Portugese it's been hard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Backroom_boy

Since there are some posters here with a lot of knowledge about Portugal, does anyone know the state of the Évora to Elvas high speed line? If I'm not mistaken it is supposed to open next year? Is that still the case? I've tried to find information about it, but since I don't speak Portugese it's been hard.
Is this the only high speed line with Iberian gauge? Havent all the spanish ones been standard gauge.

Top tip, most browsers will translate websites if they are coded properly

JonasB

Is this the only high speed line with Iberian gauge? Havent all the spanish ones been standard gauge.

Most of them are standard gauge, but Ourense to Santiago is iberian gauge and 300 km/h. Although from what I've heard, the plan is to convert it to standard gauge eventually.

Top tip, most browsers will translate websites if they are coded properly
They will, but translating the information is a small problem, the big problem is finding the information in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.