• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Public transport use in COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

telstarbox

Established Member
Here is the latest graph. A slight uptick in both road and rail in the most recent week.

1608300265874.png

The graph this week shows both motor and rail traffic increased in the second week of December:

1608739962776.png

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

squizzler

Established Member
I took the bus to work and back today here in Jersey. We had a surge in people catching 'Rhona just before Christmas which is now abating. Most businesses are closed or work-from home and the hospitality is all shut by order of the government. Nonetheless there seemed to me more people riding than immediately before Christmas and especially 'twixmas' week. My own impression is that, whilst there are few places to go or things to do, people have no concerns anymore over using transport services.

This new “lockdown” does not feature the same anti-transport rhetoric as before. It remains to be seen if the police will establish roadblocks to check motorists are not travelling unnecessarily as happened here in Jersey the first time round.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.