• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Purpouse Of Bournemouth [BMH] - Lancing [LAC] Tickets Routed 00700-NOT VIA LONDON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainline421

Why do these fares exist when there doesn't appear to be any permitted routes which would not be valid on cheaper 00947-VIA BARNHAM tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
In line with forum rules, for accessibility reasons, can you please clarify what these places are? I for one have no idea where LAC is.

At a guess, if you meant Lancing, then possibly valid via Clapham Junction, but I cannot check routeing permissions for now.

mildertduck

Map XB is a valid route:

Birmingham - Oxford - Reading - Guildford - Redhill - Crawley - Horsham - Ford - Lancing (or indeed Crawley - Hassocks - Brighton).

I can't actually see a map with any valid "Any Permitted" routes Via Barnham...

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
BMH is Bournemouth, not Birmingham New Street (BHM).

Mainline421

In line with forum rules, for accessibility reasons, can you please clarify what these places are? I for one have no idea where LAC is.

At a guess, if you meant Lancing, then possibly valid via Clapham Junction, but I cannot check routeing permissions for now.

Yep Lancing. I thought it was valid via CLJ as with Brighton, but it doesn't seem to be, as the only routing points that can be used seem to be Brockenhurst and Ford Group and the only permitted route for that is Map CW, so I'm not sure what exactly it offers that 'via Barnham' doesn't unless there is an easement I'm not aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.