• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pyrotechnics at sports stadium

Junctionman

On Moderation
I know fans get into stadiums with flares and smoke bombs etc but i do not like those `flamethrowers` before football matches ok i bet the risk assessments are probably 2 foot thick and these bits of kit are built well . But i think they are not needed
This is the only incident i know of

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dgl

Established Member
Watch a Jean Michel Jarre outdoor concert and the pyrotechnics really make it, some of the pyrotechnic "bangs" can also add something to a song when played live.
If Scooter had won the selection process for Germany's 2003 Eurovision entry then they planned to use a decent amount of pyrotechnics, there's a video of them performing at the "Germany 10 points" Eurovision act selection/voting programme.

Statto

Established Member
I loath them, i have asthma so it's bad when any are set off that i'm in the vicinity of, particularly when i'm in a sports stadium.

SteveP29

Metallica at the Etihad in 2019 I felt the heat from 30 yards away.

ALso, back in around 2002/03, Newcastle played Wolves at Molineaux, the firework firer? Fell over and a firework was fired into the crowd, it flashed past Alan Shearer's head and hit a woman, giving her burns.
they were then banned but as per the OP, flamethrowers are becoming more popular now, despite the likely safety concerns20190618_214805.jpg

ABB125

Established Member
Sounds like an opportunity to post this video!

(Not a sports event, but still pyrotechnics. Caused a small amount of equipment damage...)

Ted633

Sounds like an opportunity to post this video!

(Not a sports event, but still pyrotechnics. Caused a small amount of equipment damage...)
Is there anyone there without a phone in their hand?!