• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Qualified Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (10/02/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Some guy

There’s no moves internally either. If crewe does open you won’t see vacancies there for a long time.
There’s over 100 drivers at the depot they brought about 5 new ones in at the start of Covid so yeah it seems really hard to get into it. It’s crazy really as to Preston is the only depot to sign the whole mainline. Crewe only really needed a drivers depot to free Liverpool drivers off the Holyhead route

Kells21

There’s over 100 drivers at the depot they brought about 5 new ones in at the start of Covid so yeah it seems really hard to get into it. It’s crazy really as to Preston is the only depot to sign the whole mainline. Crewe only really needed a drivers depot to free Liverpool drivers off the Holyhead route
Ah it’s so annoying I’m literallly round the corner from Preston but I’ve never seen it advertised.

Efini92

Established Member
If Crewe does open I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually sign all routes.

Some guy

If Crewe does open I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually sign all routes.
From what I heard Blackpool north is the furthest they will on their route cards but will definitely sign Liverpool, Manchester, Holyhead and obviously towards Euston. Preston will focus on the London-Glasgow express services with Crewe doing the via midlands services

Efini92

Established Member
From what I heard Blackpool north is the furthest they will on their route cards but will definitely sign Liverpool, Manchester, Holyhead and obviously towards Euston. Preston will focus on the London-Glasgow express services with Crewe doing the via midlands services
Maybe, we’ll see what happens.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
How many years of driving do Avanti West Coast require when you apply for their qualified train driver positions? (Not that I am a driver anyway but just asking)

richfoz84

So from reading this thread, there isn’t a Crewe depot YET.. but it will likely fill with transferees and be hard to get into externally?

Efini92

Established Member
So from reading this thread, there isn’t a Crewe depot YET.. but it will likely fill with transferees and be hard to get into externally?
If it ever opens. Will be years before they advertise externally as there’s loads that want to go there.

FManc

I’d say impossible not just hard for the time being externally.

Driver_Shez

I got through for an interview with a DM, but had a death in the family, tried to rearrange the interview, but heard nothing back. HR these days are shocking to say the least.

solus85

I got through for an interview with a DM, but had a death in the family, tried to rearrange the interview, but heard nothing back. HR these days are shocking to say the least.
Sorry to hear about the death in family. Can I just ask what depot did you apply for?

mt40

Status
Not open for further replies.