• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query on VTEC advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

baza585

Hi

I am travelling from Winchester to Durham tomorrow, booked on the 2000 ex KGX. The connecting journey from WIN to Waterloo on SWR has no reservation.

My lift to the station has let me down, so I'll be on the bus to Winchester station. The service from my village isn't great so I will be there rather early for the booked train to Waterloo (1750 ex WIN). Is it permissible to travel earlier than is stated on the itinerary from WIN to Waterloo (KGX being a rather more interesting place to pass an hour or two rather than WIN)?

Any advice gratefully received. TIA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I would suggest actively seeking out the guard and asking him, even if you need to board first and speak to him later, and alight at an intermediate station for your booked service in the unlikely event he said no.

Be proactive and you shouldn't have any issue. In all likelihood I would be very surprised if he said no.

Romilly

Established Member
As you say you have no reservation for the Winchester-Waterloo leg, you will be fine getting a train for that leg that is a bit earlier than the train for that leg indicated on your itinerary.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Apologies I misunderstood the part where you said "booked train to Waterloo".

If you have no reservation coupon then you can take any appropriate connecting service. Ones either side would be no problem at all.

baza585

Many thanks to both posters for their helpful comments. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.