• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question for NR booking clerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

I used to find the New Deal 50+ facility not only invaluable for job searching in distant parts of Greater London and outside that I could not otherwise afford to reach; it also gave me the opportunity of a few leisure journeys by rail at half rate.
My own Job Centre has withdrawn the facility, but I am unable to find out whether it is a local withdrawal or whether the DWP has actually withdrawn the facility nationally.
Have NR booking clerks received any notifications pertaining to New Deal 50+

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
New Deal has been scrapped altogether. Its know/been replaced by the Work Programme.

Daniel

Established Member
Sorry for a slight bump,

T&R said:
Following a recent Government review, the Department of Work & Pensions has confirmed that
changes will shortly be made to the current New Deal scheme, which gives participants a 50%
discount on fares. As part of a new ‘Pre-work Programme’ the travel discount element is to be renamed as the Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card.

New Jobcentre+ photocards will start to be issued from the end of
September, but as the existing New Deal photocards are valid for a
maximum of 3 months, both types of card will be in circulation until the
end of this year.

Holders of the new Jobcentre+ photocards will receive the same
discounts as existing New Deal customers and until devices are
modified the discount entitlement on Oyster cards will continue to be
described as “New Deal” for holders of both types of photocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.