• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question on Ashford Int sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Just by looking on Ebay, I noticed this sign which is for Ashford International which the seller dates to 1994 however as much as it looks like Connex South Eastern to me is it actually Connex South Eastern as they started in 1996 or is it actually the design that the BR Shadow Franchise used before Connex took over?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/C0kAAOSw379cboZG/s-l1600.jpg

If it helps, the seller stated it was used from the International Platforms, if anyone from that part of the world has any idea I would welcome their answers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
If it's from the international platforms then I would expect that to be Eurostar colours. The international bit was (and still is) managed separately from the domestic station.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If it's from the international platforms then I would expect that to be Eurostar colours. The international bit was (and still is) managed separately from the domestic station.

That was my first thought -Eurostar yellow.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I seem to recall that all the station had that colour scheme from when it was rebuilt. As mentioned by the OP, it was pre- Connex.

Status
Not open for further replies.