• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail crane at Bristol Parkway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hellzapoppin

Welcome to the forum. What you saw is the Kirow crane and it's being used for the upcoming works in and around Parkway station.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Sidings one and two at the Westerleigh junction end are shortened to allow new set switch and crossing panels to be assembled in readyness for the engineering block at the end of the month, the crane is there to allow this work to happen.

fruitbat74

thanks reply guys.
its bigger than cranes seen before i was thinking it looked very new has it been brought especially for this job ?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
thanks reply guys.
its bigger than cranes seen before i was thinking it looked very new has it been brought especially for this job ?

They've been introduced over quite a few years now, it isn't actually the Kirow crane as mentioned earlier, but one of quite a few on the wider network. They come in different sizes, but who owns them and exactly how old they are I'd probably wait a few days for a 'yellow plant' fan to answer.

Off the top of my head I think they were in use well over 10 years ago...

Last edited:

fruitbat74

hi was plain yellow with support wagons in yellow could not see any obvious numbers was not white like volker or orange like colas

fruitbat74

hi thats the kiddie just goggled that code found a link says its new in july
it is a beast
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.