• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Strikes & General Election: what might happen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

irish_rail

On Moderation
What an absolutely ridiculous statement, and completely without evidence.
In that case can you provide some counter evidence? The statistics do show men are more right leaning than women if you look at polls of who people plan to vote for, and men are more likely to be football fans. But please, if my statement is so ridiculous can you provide some evidence as to why?

Bantamzen

Established Member
In that case can you provide some counter evidence? The statistics do show men are more right leaning than women if you look at polls of who people plan to vote for, and men are more likely to be football fans. But please, if my statement is so ridiculous can you provide some evidence as to why?
No you made the statement, so let's see your evidence first. But for a start if men are more right leaning then the Tories have more or less half the votes wrapped up at the GE right? Hmmm, I can see the first problem here. Then of course you also have to take into consideration that increasing numbers of women go to football, so if they are more likely to be left leaning then your statement falls apart a little more.

But the biggest problem with your statement is that it is simply not true. I've been to thousands of games over the decades, and I can assure you that all flavours of political leanings are represented. Of course there's no written evidence of this, because nobody cares enough to ask the question. Football is a sport enjoyed by people of all walks of life, unless of course you simply prescribe to the dated media driven stereotypical drivel. Then all football fans are far right, white male aged 15-55 skinheads... :rolleyes:

irish_rail

On Moderation
No you made the statement, so let's see your evidence first. But for a start if men are more right leaning then the Tories have more or less half the votes wrapped up at the GE right? Hmmm, I can see the first problem here. Then of course you also have to take into consideration that increasing numbers of women go to football, so if they are more likely to be left leaning then your statement falls apart a little more.

But the biggest problem with your statement is that it is simply not true. I've been to thousands of games over the decades, and I can assure you that all flavours of political leanings are represented. Of course there's no written evidence of this, because nobody cares enough to ask the question. Football is a sport enjoyed by people of all walks of life, unless of course you simply prescribe to the dated media driven stereotypical drivel. Then all football fans are far right, white male aged 15-55 skinheads... :rolleyes:
I can go on what I see and some of the racist nonsense I see on social media. You talk about the Tories, but many football fans will vote for Reform sadly.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As we appear to be getting rather off topic and the answer to the thread appears to be not a lot we will bring this thread to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.