• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Vouchers (RTVs) and E-tickets

800Travel

Hi,

Is there anyway to use RTVs to get e-tickets please? Off peak day singles most likely.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Is there anyway to use RTVs to get e-tickets please? Off peak day singles most likely.
I believe it's previously been said that LNER Travel Centres default to e-ticket fulfilment where possible, though the normal rules for RTVs would apply (i.e. you don't get change if the total value of the transactions is lower than the value of the RTV.)

I'm not aware of any other TOC offering that facility at present.

OscarH

I believe it's previously been said that LNER Travel Centres default to e-ticket fulfilment where possible, though the normal rules for RTVs would apply (i.e. you don't get change if the total value of the transactions is lower than the value of the RTV.)

I'm not aware of any other TOC offering that facility at present.
Is that eTickets or PRT (bog roll tickets)

800Travel

Isn't it just, CCST,PRT,Smartcard and eTicket all available from your local LNER Travel Centre.
Fantastic - thank you all.

@Wallsendmag - Is the LNER travel centre the same as the LNER ticket office please? Also, does the capability for LNER to issue eTickets relate only to for example advance tickets for LNER services, or are off-peaks ok too please? Finally, where do the tickets appear please? If you give them your email address that is registered to the LNER app, do they appear there too or only in an email? Thank you

Haywain

Veteran Member
Is the LNER travel centre the same as the LNER ticket office please?
Yes, the same. In LNER they have always been called Travel Centres as that what Inter City stations had back in BR days.
Also, does the capability for LNER to issue eTickets relate only to for example advance tickets for LNER services, or are off-peaks ok too please?
All tickets that can be fulfilled to eTicket format.
If you give them your email address that is registered to the LNER app, do they appear there too or only in an email?
It will be an email, it's not linked to the app.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Avanti can do it as well though I struggle to think of a situation I'd want that, as if my phone's working I'll just buy it on there.
There are many different reasons I could think of as to why you would want to use a Ticket Office to purchase your ticket rather than using your phone.
Wanting to pay by cash for instance is the most obvious.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
There are many different reasons I could think of as to why you would want to use a Ticket Office to purchase your ticket rather than using your phone.
Wanting to pay by cash for instance is the most obvious.

The subject line (RTVs) is the only one I can think of for me. I'm not sure why if paying cash I would not just want a paper ticket. Wanting an eticket but not being willing to buy one on your phone seems a very niche set of circumstances.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
The subject line (RTVs) is the only one I can think of for me. I'm not sure why if paying cash I would not just want a paper ticket. Wanting an eticket but not being willing to buy one on your phone seems a very niche set of circumstances.
Whilst you might think that, especially under Virgin when introduced it proved popular amongst customers.

800Travel

Should these rail travel vouchers still be valid even if they are slightly damaged but all details are legible please? Think of it like you've got a chequebook and ripped out the cheque too fast so some of the bit along where the perforated line is comes away and remains attached to the chequebook meaning there is a little rip along the left hand side with a semi-circular shaped bit missing.

Tried to take a photo but couldn't get it to focus without being far enough away to show all the details of the voucher itself. Then tried cropping and it was far too blurry.

Thanks

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Should these rail travel vouchers still be valid even if they are slightly damaged but all details are legible please? Think of it like you've got a chequebook and ripped out the cheque too fast so some of the bit along where the perforated line is comes away and remains attached to the chequebook meaning there is a little rip along the left hand side with a semi-circular shaped bit missing.

Tried to take a photo but couldn't get it to focus without being far enough away to show all the details of the voucher itself. Then tried cropping and it was far too blurry.

Thanks
Depends if all the details are still attached tothe voucher

800Travel

Depends if all the details are still attached tothe voucher
They are - it’s just a tiny tear/rip. They arrived like it, so I’m wondering whether I should ask the issuer to reissue the damaged ones or if should just be fine.