• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard Blank Photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superalbs

Established Member
Hello,

Recently my mum applied for a Two Together Railcard with my sister. On receiving it in the post, one photo is present, but the other one is just a yellow square.

Unsure what to do about this, an email has been sent to Railcard, but travel is in about a week.

Suggestions appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Phone the railcard helpline to make them aware of the situation or send them an email attaching the missing photo. I suspect they would want to replace the railcard. Also insist that they change the valid from date accordingly so you don't loose any days as a result of their error (I say their error assuming your Mum uploaded both the photos online correctly). I would strongly recommend you do this rather then attempting to travel using the railcard. I would hate for them to travel only to be told the railcard is not valid at any point in the coming year.

superalbs

Established Member
Phone the railcard helpline to make them aware of the situation or send them an email attaching the missing photo. I suspect they would want to replace the railcard. Also insist that they change the valid from date accordingly so you don't loose any days as a result of their error (I say their error assuming your Mum uploaded both the photos online correctly). I would strongly recommend you do this rather then attempting to travel using the railcard. I would hate for them to travel only to be told the railcard is not valid at any point in the coming year.
Perfect, didn't think about ringing them. Have passed it on. Thanks!

T-Karmel

If Railcard won't rectify it before the journey and tickets are already purchased, personally I would just take all possible additional documents to prove that's her (driving licence or passport, all bank cards with it etc., print out Railcard purchase confirmation email or just log in to Railcard website on her phone, proving that this railcard was purchased and possibly she could open pictures which were actually uploaded to the website. In the past you could log in and it would show you all details of the railcard including pictures uploaded, I'm not sure that's still the case). Also, print out the email she sent to Railcard with a complaint.

But obviously none of it gives guarantee it'll be accepted by guard or revenue.

The reason I would do that is just because I don't believe I would go far with buying new full fare ticket and trying to claim it back from Railcard or train company.

In first place however I just hope they'll rectify it foe them just in time for the journey.

gray1404

Established Member
It might be worth emailing over a copy of the botched railcard then phoning them. When my railcard arrived with an incorrect expiry date on it they would only reissue it once I'd cut it in half and emailed over a photo of this. They told me to phone them back once I'd emailed them and she was able to bring up the email straight away and reissue. What did help was I got through to the same agent the second time I called so didn't need to explain all over again.

I would therefore recommend at least emailing over a copy of the railcard without a the correct photo as proof before you call and ask them to bring up that email while you're on the phone. I would not recommend you cut the railcard in half or anything unless they expressly tell you to of course once you have spoken to them.

superalbs

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. Worst of all, they'll be using lots of trains, so even if one accepts it, then the others might not...

superalbs

Established Member
Believe the first journey is on the 7th, 8th, 9th, a few days at home, then 13th, 14th. All September.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
If all else fails, go to a station with passport sized photographs and buy a new Railcard over the counter. Not easy of course (you need to go to a staffed station) and not cheap (an additional £30 for the new Railcard and maybe two lots of passport photos at £6(?) each) but maybe worth it for the peace of mind when they travel.

gray1404

Established Member
Believe the first journey is on the 7th, 8th, 9th, a few days at home, then 13th, 14th. All September.

This should be just enough time to sort out a new railcard being posted out if she gets on the phone to them today (or say by Monday as I doubt anything will be getting posted until Tuesday now).

superalbs

Established Member
This should be just enough time to sort out a new railcard being posted out if she gets on the phone to them today (or say by Monday as I doubt anything will be getting posted until Tuesday now).
Thanks, will keep you all updated!

She rung them, and they issued a digital one instead. Easy as that!

Thanks everyone. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.