• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailSimRoutes update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boxcars

Anthony Bowden has re-appeared on the scene ... first of many updates hopefully!

Anthony Bowden :notworth: !!!

It was Anthony who helped me when I first discovered BVE in early 2004. He was so helpful to me when I emailed him about transparency problems with the very first route I ever had the pleasure to download. Needless to say, it was Anthony's Birmingham Cross-City South classic. I'm so glad that www.railsimroutes.co.uk has been updated :cheers:

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Great, WCML, X-City North and MML are the 3 BVE routes I'm looking forward to most. Nice to see at least 2 of them are being worked on. Perhaps I should do some work on the third (since I'm the one making it ;) ). Oh well, now it's getting to cold, dark winter nights I can see a lot more BVE developing being done.

Dennis

Established Member
Absolutely amazing screenies - the attention to detail is remarkable; I'm going to have to start saving up for a new computer though; be a shame to stutter along at 10FPS when the view is that good!

nutter

Are you sure they're not photos, they are incredable. I thought the NWM and X-city south were good, Anthony had only just got going hadn't he.

Bloomin marvalous, i seriously thought they were photo's.

reschanger

This is pretty much what one can envision BVE to look like. The textures are really good, even fine details show up. The grass looks really amazing. All objects are textured now, too, while in the X-City South route some seemed to be solid colors. I can only hope that the final route will still look that good when I employ high resolutions. Although I can agree that at least in this scenario, some of us might need a more decent computer, including myself.

eifion

Just watched The Video not once but twice and there is only one word to describe it, but,unforunately, I cant spell it. So Fantastic will have to do instead.
The Track's not bad either!!
Eifion.:wav::wav:

devon_metro

Established Member
" While BVE 2.6 is a great piece of software, it also has fewer users now, so for the sake of convenience I've udpated all the Cross-City South installers to install to BVE 4's directory by default, and the BVE 2 routes are now available as a seperate add-on, so BVE 4 users don't need to have route files installed which they don't need. If you want to use Cross-City South with BVE 2.6, you'll need to tell the installers to extract files to 'C:\Program Files\BVE\' manually, and then install the BVE 2 route/activity add-on. Visit the newly reformatted Cross-City South Downloads section, and scroll down for the updated installers."

Don't think much has changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.