• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think it's not just about the size of the tool but also the power you use to drive it in.
All these things are important if you want it done properly.

backontrack

Established Member
I think it's not just about the size of the tool but also the power you use to drive it in.
All these things are important if you want it done properly.

Yeah. All things considered I think I'm quite good at doing it.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
And of course when you're banging it in it also depends on how hard the wood is.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was thinking more of the proper china type kept under the bed for regular use.

Mmm. I'd be worried about breaking a china one. I'll look into getting one though, I've got a space for one if I got rid of the snow chains that I've never used.

Have you got one then? :)

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member
Mmm. I'd be worried about breaking a china one. I'll look into getting one though, I've got a space for one if I got rid of the snow chains that I've never used.

There's not much use for snow chains in the bedroom unless you're into really extreme S&M. On the other hand it might prove difficult to find a chamber pot that fits the tyres on your van and even if you did I doubt it would improve traction.

Have you got one then? :)

No, I was just wondering; or was it my mind wandering? I am old enough to remember using one though.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There were some proper china guzundas in a holiday (farm) house on Bardsey Island when I holidayed there three years ago. My brother made use of one, but I chose to amble to the outhouse in the dark instead.

That sounds very pleasant, I looked the island up last night. Beautiful.

PeterY

Established Member
Thought for the day. Why do cyclists (me) measure our rides in miles, yet joggers use Km.:roll::roll:

D365

Veteran Member
Does anyone ever wonder whether members who have contributed regularly to this forum in the past, but no longer choose to do so, have simply lost interest for an extended period of time, or if they have real life commitments that are getting in the way instead?

(This is not for discussing members who have been banned, mind)

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Does anyone ever wonder whether members who have contributed regularly to this forum in the past, but no longer choose to do so, have simply lost interest for an extended period of time, or if they have real life commitments that are getting in the way instead?

(This is not for discussing members who have been banned, mind)

Interesting thought. I suppose they could have moved over to other forums and got involved with discussions (arguments in some cases) on there.
I haven't been on here that long compared to many although I lurked around for quite a while before joining.

DaleCooper

Established Member
That reminds me of a bit of useful advice:

Before criticising someone you should "walk a mile in their shoes".

If you do that you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That reminds me of a bit of useful advice:

Before criticising someone you should "walk a mile in their shoes".

If you do that you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

You really can't argue with that.
(Yes you can. No you can't)

Status
Not open for further replies.