• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund from LNER for cancelled Transpennine Express and £10 admin fee charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncombe

I bought a ticket from Malton to York a couple of weeks ago from the LNER website for the 1759 service today (29/5) which is cancelled. According to the TPE website if you choose not to travel due to strike you are entitled to a refund but must apply to whoever sold the ticket which was LNER. I did that from the my account area of their website, before the train was even due to depart (gone by bus instead). I selected the reason that the train was cancelled. Despite this, they have deducted a £10 admin fee from my refund! This isn't right is it? How can I get the rest of my refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I bought a ticket from Malton to York from the LNER website for the 1759 service which is cancelled. According to the TPE website if you choose not to travel due to strike you are entitled to a tefund
Yes, this is correct. I'd go back to LNER and ask them to reimburse you the £10 admin fee (if you've already had it deducted from your refund), as this doesn't apply when the train you intended to take is delayed or cancelled.

I would also make a formal complaint to LNER that you were charged the admin fee in the first place, and ask them to update their procedures so this does not happen again.

TUC

Established Member
I would also make a formal complaint to LNER that you were charged the admin fee in the first place, and ask them to update their procedures so this does not happen again.
Is it a question of updating procedures, or is it a case of procedures being clear and staff not doing a good job by not knowing them well enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.