• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund not received

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Hello everyone, can anyone please offer advice

I bought a ticket from CCT for Peterborough to Stansted Airport for the wrong time. I tried to change it online but it didn't work.

So I phoned them. The guy I spoke to said that the only solution was for them to give me a refund and for me to buy a new ticket. But that I had to buy the new ticket and give the number to him and then he would issue a refund. So whilst he was online I bought a new ticket for the correct time train. I then gave him the number and he then issued a refund for the incorrect ticket that I had previously bought. He even said 'it's gone through' referring to the refund. He said it would take about a week for me to receive my refund.

That was on Tuesday 10th August and I still don't have the refund. 17 days later.

I then contacted them on Twitter and they told me to contact customer services. I sent them an email with ticket details and my address details etc but still no refund.

I've sort of lost the will to live on this one. It's just over ten quid.

Should I just give up. Life seems too short to spend much more time on it. When I phoned and bought the new ticket the total length of the phone call was long.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Can you tell us who or what is CCT?

suzanneparis

Hello and thanks for replies. Yes I bought my ticket(s) from Cross Country Trains. And no, I still haven't received a refund.

Anyone know about how likely I am to get my refund? Thanks

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Pick up the phone and call them to find out what’s going on. Sending emails is slow and a waste of time.

I then contacted them on Twitter and they told me to contact customer services. I sent them an email with ticket details and my address details etc but still no refund.
Their website says to allow 10 days for a reply to an email (better than some train companies currently!): https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/contact-us-and-faqs

It looks like they also offer an instant chat service via that page (but need to be on Facebook or accept Facebook T&Cs).

suzanneparis

Well. At length just phoned them again. This time I was told that the refund hand't gone through last time due to a technical glitch. The operator then said I would only get 20p out of the £10-20 refund instead of the £10-20 . I then had to wait whilst he went through to his team and he came back and said I would receive a refund for the whole amount in 5 to 10 days.

Hoping.

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I shall try to remember to come back and tell you if it does arrive. I suppose my other option if it doesn't is to try to claim on my payment card.

Status
Not open for further replies.