• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund query Bacs payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I put in a claim a while ago for a delayed journey in December, I had an email from the TOC, who have agreed my claim and said that they will refund by Bacs payment. They have send two emails to me. One confirming the claim, then another which has a link to click on, presumably where they will ask for my bank details. These look genuine and they both have the reference number of my original claim, they have my details and the details of the claim correct and also have their address showing too.

I am always suspicious of these type of messages.

Has any one had similar experiences and have they been ok in the end.

Many thanks, Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I've had lots of delay repay paid into my account. If email address is that of the TOC and the reference number is right I'm sure it'll fine.

realemil

They have send two emails to me. One confirming the claim, then another which has a link to click on, presumably where they will ask for my bank details.
This is/was the case with GWR (they're one TOC who does this sort of system), it’s (most likely) safe and if in doubt just ring up the TOC in question and ask about it.

Strange system and I can understand your worry

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
This is / was the case with GWR, it’s safe and if in doubt just ring up the TOC in question and ask about it.

Strange system and I can understand your worry

All the ones I've used have you enter your bank details when you first apply, if BACS is your choice - OP, did you pursue this via customer services?

gray1404

Established Member
Which train company did you claim from? Did you do this by filling out a delay repay form or a general complaint to customer service? Did you apply online or by post?

Also this is a delay repayment and not a refund.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Because it contains the claim number and correct details, and you are only being asked to enter your account number and sort code - which are available on any cheque you write - you can be relatively assured it is genuine.

If you are still unsure, best to ring up the TOC directly instead of relying on the advice of strangers who don't even know which company we are talking about! :D

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Thank you for this, I wrote in rather than applied on line as it was complicated, anyway it does all seem to be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.