• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
They don’t seem to have these ones on sale yet,
HSTs often don't seem to operate on sats during this covid period so the last weekend may be the prev weekend to 15th May - I am wondering?

Hi all, just making sure the HST diagrams for today are still the same. Are there any changes last minute? I should not think so as RTT has showed 1B23 exiting Neville Hill

nat67

Established Member
Hi all, just making sure the HST diagrams for today are still the same. Are there any changes last minute? I should not think so as RTT has showed 1B23 exiting Neville Hill
You have just answered your own question and yes 1B23 is a HST obviously.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
HSTs often don't seem to operate on sats during this covid period so the last weekend may be the prev weekend to 15th May - I am wondering?
Seems quite possible to be a no show, I was concentrating on the last possible date the service was booked, but whether it would actually produce an HST is a different question. Could all end very quietly...

43 302

Established Member
Don't forget that the dispensation expires on the 31st of May at 23:59.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Don't forget that the dispensation expires on the 31st of May at 23:59.
Yes, I had wondered about that - presume this allows at least in theory the ability for EMR to substitute HSTs if shortages with other plans - eg if 222s need to cover Corby runs or 180s go wrong for example, permitting a period of potential short notice substitutions maybe?

Or even a HST farewell tour with the re-liveried power cars....

43 302

Established Member
Yes, I had wondered about that - presume this allows at least in theory the ability for EMR to substitute HSTs if shortages with other plans - eg if 222s need to cover Corby runs or 180s go wrong for example, permitting a period of potential short notice substitutions maybe?

Or even a HST farewell tour with the re-liveried power cars....
It certainly allows it. Whether or not they will be used remains to be seen.

Looks like I will go on Monday then, are the diagrams still the same as on 125, with the 1434 and 1534 being HSTs still?

And add to that, I have seen recent videos videos from stations so will I be allowed to trainspot on an open air station?
Both those services were HST yesterday as expected, as i took my probably last HST St Pancras to Nottingham and back trip (out 1434, back 1745). In my recent experience I have not been stopped from photographing on Nottingham, STP or any Thames valley station where I have wished to do so.

Prudhoe

Both those services were HST yesterday as expected, as i took my probably last HST St Pancras to Nottingham and back trip (out 1434, back 1745). In my recent experience I have not been stopped from photographing on Nottingham, STP or any Thames valley station where I have wished to do so.
An HST has been shown as stabled in Chaddesden Sidings in Derby, for several days.
Any idea of identity?

Jammy

wait the 125 groups diagrams are wrong for a weekend, wheres 1F63 ??

I filmed that exact train go past at Cricklewood!

I filmed that exact train go past at Cricklewood!
I hope that you got some good images. There were a lot of people out at various places - it was a good sunny day. And the sun looked to be right in north London for the two evening departures.

HST274

I think so, but I have just checked Sunday 9th of May and I can't see the services that usually run on Sundays pulled by HSt's (1B36, 1C43 etc...). If I'm not mistaken it is almost like they are not running those weekend HST services. On that day anyway.

Last edited:

43 302

Established Member
No HSTs 1st-3rd, there should be sets out on the 8th and 9th but the diagrams haven't been finalised.

ATWmk3

Would anybody be able to clarify ops for this Sunday (25th April)? It looks like there are engineering works at Derby so the 125 Group timetable doesn't match the working timetable. On RTT the 1330 STP-SHF (1F39) is pathed for an HST, but the supposed return (1C72 - 1730 SHF-STP) is pathed for a DMU. Might take a punt with the 1330 from STP and hope it forms the 1640 back to STP. Any further info welcome!

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Would anybody be able to clarify ops for this Sunday (25th April)? It looks like there are engineering works at Derby so the 125 Group timetable doesn't match the working timetable. On RTT the 1330 STP-SHF (1F39) is pathed for an HST, but the supposed return (1C72 - 1730 SHF-STP) is pathed for a DMU. Might take a punt with the 1330 from STP and hope it forms the 1640 back to STP. Any further info welcome!
It has to be reiterated that the timing load frequently bears little relation to the diagrammed traction! Particularly when you have 2+6 HSTs that can basically match Meridian timings.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Congrats on your first post! ;) Can't believe it was nearly 5 years ago we met on the 'Premier Service'!

@43094 might know the answer to your question :)

But as @Watershed says, I wouldn't take too much notice of the timing load, though in some cases it can be a good guide, it often isn't.

Established Member
All of the above are meridians.

For Sunday 25th April 2021

1050 LDS STP
2040 STP LDS

1434 LDS STP
1835 STP LDS

ATWmk3

Thanks for the replies - looks like I would have had a rather disappointing day if I went with the original plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.