• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Renfe seating plans

peteb

Worth noting that the seating plans of ALVIA at least need to be taken with a pinch of salt: booked two elige seats 1A 2A shown face to face round a table but on the train they are airline seats, and seats 4A and 5A are the ones with a table. Hence several individuals stuck facing each other and several couples split up on airline seats!! Worth noting that the tables at 1A and 2A appear to have been removed and the seats realigned.....possibly due to installation of luggage racks means squeezing seats up a bit!
PS this on the Vigo to Barcelona service... .

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peteb

How do you reverse them? Is it possible to rotate the single seat? Black pedal under?? I know the seats on regional trains just tip up (we did that yesterday).
By the way seats 4 and 5 aren't reversible because they have a large fixed table between them....

peteb

You might regret seats at the end (assuming S-120) if you get up to any speed on broad gauge ...
Ha ha, we experienced a really smooth ride on the high speed line to Burgos, then via gauge changer to Iberian gauge......it was very bumpy thereafter!!

superalbs

Established Member
How do you reverse them? Is it possible to rotate the single seat? Black pedal under?? I know the seats on regional trains just tip up (we did that yesterday).
By the way seats 4 and 5 aren't reversible because they have a large fixed table between them....
Those seats are still reversible, but you'd also have to take the table off. I don't think they like it if passengers do it, that's mostly for staff to do at the end of the journey.

peteb

Those seats are still reversible, but you'd also have to take the table off. I don't think they like it if passengers do it, that's mostly for staff to do at the end of the journey.
Yes, and folks were already seated, but a bit grumpy because they had laptop "rage", sharing a table with 3 of the things!

why would broad gauge be more bumpy?
Not sure, other than the units are articulated, every other Iberian train I've ridden was really smooth riding.

nwales58

why would broad gauge be more bumpy?
Poorer track magnified by the 26m non-articulated 4-coach S-120 used on these services. Seats at the end feel worse than in the centre where the doors are.

The particularly lively stretch I remember was somewhere between Burgos and Pamplona in 2018-19, not sure where.

Other Alvia services using articulated 13m Talgo S-130 ride quite well on poor track.