• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Repainted 57/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcan

The black mini-snowploughs look surprisingly good. I always thought yellow was the only colour these looked good in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kestrel

How ridiculous! They can't even give us a proper service but they can afford to do crap like this! It's pathetic, and it's such a waste of money!

What a pathetic dig at FGW!, so i suppose that track circuit failures/points failures/trespassers on the line/snow etc etc are FGW's fault??? Mmmm FGW have come leaps an strides compared to a few years back but its easy to blame them than think about the real cause of delays hey!

What a pathetic dig at FGW!, so i suppose that track circuit failures/points failures/trespassers on the line/snow etc etc are FGW's fault??? Mmmm FGW have come leaps an strides compared to a few years back but its easy to blame them than think about the real cause of delays hey!

No but there are many things that are, while they can't afford to keep a proper buffet service for long-distance trains for example...

Bakers1970

Correct. Just to add to above MCR, it was really only 315 that was used, 313 & 316 supposedy were to be the dedicated machines, in the neutral blue. 316 went kapoot on its first day and was never seen in the South West since, while 313 has yet to appear.

Just to clarify....57313,314,315,316 are ATW's dedicated pool of 4 locos.With any 2 of the pool in use on Gerald. Unfortunately due to failures there has been occasions whereby Virgin have had no option but to offer one of ATW's pool ........... !

Established Member
Required by who? They are leased to WSMR, so they are WSMR locos. Thats how I understand it. It isn't like the Scotrail liveried 90s

57/6s are leased to WSMR!? annd ive been sitting here when theres requirements to be had.

WSMR 67s have worked other trains that arnt WSMR, im sure of it, theres been all sorts of cases where one TOCs locos have worked for another, XC HSTs for NXEC, VT 57/3s for FGW, WSMR 67s on Railtours.

Crossforth

Established Member
57/6s are leased to WSMR!? annd ive been sitting here when theres requirements to be had.

WSMR 67s have worked other trains that arnt WSMR, im sure of it, theres been all sorts of cases where one TOCs locos have worked for another, XC HSTs for NXEC, VT 57/3s for FGW, WSMR 67s on Railtours.

With the virgin 57/3s with FGW, it is because FGW is short of stock and Virgin had spare locos to haul the stock.

XC HSTs operating for EC and vice versa is when extra capacity is needed the the company "borrowing" them doesn't have. When NX/EC were refurbishing the EC HSTs, they hired in a XC HST

455driver

Veteran Member
With the virgin 57/3s with FGW, it is because FGW is short of stock and Virgin had spare locos to haul the stock.
No, then train is on hire from GBrF, who in turn hire the locos from Virgin West Coast and the stock from Riviera Trains.
XC HSTs operating for EC and vice versa is when extra capacity is needed the the company "borrowing" them doesn't have. When NX/EC were refurbishing the EC HSTs, they hired in a XC HST

They cannot "borrow" somebody elses train, it will have been hired by them.

Last edited:

MCR247

Established Member

I think I posted in the wrong thread...

And those are all on hire, WSMR 67s are not in a general pool of EWS 67s like SR liveried 90s are

Status
Not open for further replies.