• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Request for information - TPE Drivers Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beano123

Hi

I'm a driver currently employed by Northern Rail, I'm vaguely thinking about moving to TPE.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the routes signed at Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Airport depots for TPE?

If someone can give me the rest day pattern and earliest start and latest finish times that'd be great.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

notaspotter

Hi, I am a driver for TPE.

There is no drivers depot at the Airport, it is guards only. If you was to join at Man Picc, you will usually go into link 3 which consists of, Liverpool, York, Scarborough and Manchester Airport. If you go into link 2 due to no space in Link 3, instead of Scarborough you go to Hull.

Start times range from about 0330 for earlies, late finishes about 0100ish. There is a requirement for nights, not many though. These range from about starting 2100 onwards and most nights are no longer than 8hrs 30.

There is no fixed rest day pattern like northern, and sundays are part of the working week. Your days off range from 3,4,5 and 6.

I moved from Northern 12 months ago and do not regret it. Units are better and work is far better as it is all express

Beveridges

Established Member
From what I hear, some Northern drivers swap shifts e.g. swapping weeks of lates for early's & vice versa. Plus plenty swapping of individual jobs, some drivers never do the early starts or nights at all. Is this possible at TPE or do you just have to stick 100% with what you are given whether you like it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.