• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rhatische Bahn Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

class387

Established Member
Hi all. Have two days to explore the Rhatische Bahn network next month - based in Tirano and concentrating on the main Bernina and Albula routes. Does anyone have any idea of what tickets are best for this - point to point tickets, or one of the range of rover passes (that I'm struggling to find validity details for). All help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Graubünden Pass here:
covering those routes and more, incl buses and the odd cablecar.
CHF113 for 2 days in 7, so slightly more than two CHF52 tickets if those are available, but this will always be available if the quota of Saver Day Passes has run out when you book.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
If you can choose your day(s) in advance, there are Saver Day Passes for the whole Swiss network typically for CHF 52 without the half-fare abonnement deal.
You can buy them 60-1 days in advance, and the price varies with demand so it pays to book early.
The non-saver version of this ticket is CHF 150 without the half-fare card.
https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/day-pass.html

There's a range of discounted tickets in the RhB area, but they are mainly aimed at residents and don't seem to improve on the Saver Day Pass.
If the Saver Day Pass price is too expensive on the day, there's an RhB Graubünden Pass ticket for 2 days out of 7 for CHF 113.

Sadly, the Swiss Franc is now more expensive than the Euro...

class387

Established Member
Thanks very much for those suggestions - will definitely consider it as I don't think the Saver Day Pass existed the last time I went.

I also notice on RhB's website there's a pass good for two days only between Tirano and Thusis for 75CHF (https://tickets.rhb.ch/en/pages/unesco-world-heritage-pass) which seems like a good plan if I'm just stopping off on every station on that line, exploring it in depth. Any idea what that is technically valid for though? I presume I cannot travel to Thusis via Klosters and Davos for example, but would going via St Moritz be fine?

rvdborgt

I also notice on RhB's website there's a pass good for two days only between Tirano and Thusis for 75CHF (https://tickets.rhb.ch/en/pages/unesco-world-heritage-pass) which seems like a good plan if I'm just stopping off on every station on that line, exploring it in depth. Any idea what that is technically valid for though? I presume I cannot travel to Thusis via Klosters and Davos for example, but would going via St Moritz be fine?
Via St. Moritz is allowed, according to Tarif 604, paragraph 3.1.5. It's only CHF 72 by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.