• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rolling Stock between West Pennard and Sticklinch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunnyrail

I was traveling back from Somerset this Monday and travelling between Glastonbury and Shepton Mallet A361 in the area around West Pannard and Stickling noticed a Mark 3 Coach, a small Diesel Locomotive and perhaps some other rolling stock. It was a very fleeting view at 45-50 mph and not a suitable place to get back to. The location looks to have been a bit of flat Farm Land that some enterprising enthusiasts have got hold of or rent.

Anyone any ideas of what this is and who is involved?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuu

Established Member
I was traveling back from Somerset this Monday and travelling between Glastonbury and Shepton Mallet A361 in the area around West Pannard and Stickling noticed a Mark 3 Coach, a small Diesel Locomotive and perhaps some other rolling stock. It was a very fleeting view at 45-50 mph and not a suitable place to get back to. The location looks to have been a bit of flat Farm Land that some enterprising enthusiasts have got hold of or rent.

Anyone any ideas of what this is and who is involved?
No idea sorry, but it's visible on streetview here. Possibly the farmer fancies having his own train set?

fgwrich

Established Member
I believe that's been mentioned on here before - it is former Mk3 RFM 10258 which lived at Midsomer Norton and has gone on to a local Cider Farm - I don't believe the Diesel is a runner and both vehicles will be a static set up. Details of it's move can be found here:

Status
Not open for further replies.