• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routeing Guide website down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Is anyone else having trouble getting on the Routeing Guide? I keep getting a bad gateway error.

Is there any alternative way of accessing it other than data.atoc.org/routeing-guide ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gaelan

Down here too.

Various forum members (including myself, though it's a few months out of date) likely have copies of the data sitting around, if you've got a specific question.

mikeg

Established Member
Thanks, I don't at this point have a specific question, well I do but now it's theoretical as taken a different route that's definitely permitted...

It is rather bad though, as it forms part of the contract between the passenger and the railway.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If you want to check a route is Permitted (rather than just to find out what the list of permitted routes is) if you get an itinerary on a single ticket via nationalrail.co.uk using your relevant via points then that is definitive.

miklcct

On Moderation
If you want to check a route is Permitted (rather than just to find out what the list of permitted routes is) if you get an itinerary on a single ticket via nationalrail.co.uk using your relevant via points then that is definitive.
nationalrail.co.uk doesn't allow me to enter more than one "via" points (well, it does but it shows itineraries matching only one of the via points), making me difficult to generate the itineraries I want.

There are cases when I can't even get nationalrail.co.uk to generate only itineraries following a certain, fixed geographical route for a long-distance journey because it returns itineraries with trains going via other locations even if I enter one key location in the via route, making it extremely inconvenient to see how frequent the connections on a certain fixed route is. I sometimes need to add a lot of via / avoid points just to let it generate itineraries on the route with the shortest distance.

JB_B

Established Member
I was trying rp_calc and that was 504ing on Sunday - all seems to be back up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.