• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing of 1632 Daventry Int Rft Recep Rfd to Grangemouth Tdg (Ews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmncf

I saw today's 1632 "Daventry Int Rft Recep Rfd to Grangemouth Tdg (Ews)" service. It was hauled by 66027 and consisted mainly of W H Malcolm blue-liveried containers, plus a few Asda-liveried ones. Its routing via London seems a bit indirect, in my opinion. Is this its normal routing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
I may be wrong with this but I think it normally routes along the West Coast Mainline but this, along with some of the DRS Daventry/Mossend flows and the Caledonian Sleeper service, is heading over to the East Coast mainline on a Sunday at the moment

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I saw today's 1632 "Daventry Int Rft Recep Rfd to Grangemouth Tdg (Ews)" service. It was hauled by 66027 and consisted mainly of W H Malcolm blue-liveried containers, plus a few Asda-liveried ones. Its routing via London seems a bit indirect, in my opinion. Is this its normal routing?

Suspect it is routed via London and the ECML due to engineering blocks on the WCML north of Carlisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.