• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

royal mail train

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtis

hi i don't if this is the right place
when i went to doncaster to see
sir nigel gresley
at the weekend
i was on a train to swinton south yorkshire
when i noticed the royal mail train
on the north bound track just under the bridge
does it always run on saturdays at the same time
neil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Perfect place for the post mate. Think there are some special mail train workings via East Coast for the Christmas rush.

philjo

Established Member
I saw a Royal Mail 325 at Hitchin about 4:30pm.
There were signalling problems, so it was waiting at a red signal on southbound fast line through Hitchin station. An East Coast 225 was alongside it on the southbound slow line.

I saw Sir Nigel Gresley pass through Letchworth on Sunday morning, with the Downham Market-KX special.

Spartacus

Established Member
GBRf are running extra service via both the ECML and WCML this Christmas. Should be pretty much the same time this Saturday as what you saw, unless the timetable change has had an effect.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Yes, I was surprised to see the same 325 mail train passing south through Newcastle a couple of Saturdays ago around lunchtime. It was Yorkie who reminded me that the WCML was closed for weekend maintenance, hence the routing down the ECML. The timings seem comparable, don't they?

krus_aragon

Established Member
I spotted a Royal Mail train pass along the centre road at Crewe at ~2100 this evening. My other half (Derby raised) was quite pleased to see a Red Devil again.

mumrar

Established Member
This is the
right place to
post but there's
no reason
to have so
few words on
every line
is there??

Sorry, but I'm easily bored

Mojo